Absolute Beginning Hawaiian Dance- Hula 1
If you've never taken hula before, this six-week workshop is for you. Learn hula from the very beginning and experience a culture that is full of beauty and exciting adventure.
Hula dancing is a beautiful and graceful form of dance combining foot movement along with meaningful hand gestures to tell a story or teach a lesson. Classes include dances in the ancient form of hula (hula kahiko) as well as the more contemporary form of hula (hula 'auana). Hawaiian history and culture are also discussed as they relate to each hula learned in class.
Phone: (512) 501-8704
Event url: https://balletaustin.org/dance-fitness/workshops/dance
501 W. Third St.
Austin, TX 78701
More Event Ideas
- More Dance Events
- Saturday, May 26, 10:00 PM
- MovieDance™ The Greatest Showman Summer Choreography Workshop at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterSaturday, Jul 21, 1:00 PM
- Saturday, Jun 30, 1:00 PM
- More Events at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education Center
- Wednesday, May 30, 6:00 PM
- Videodance Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" - A Fun Dance Workshop! at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterMonday, Jun 11, 8:30 PM
- Videodance Britney's "Baby One More Time"-- A Fun Dance Workshop! at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterSaturday, Jun 16, 12:30 PM