Absolute Beginning Hawaiian Dance- Hula 1
If you've never taken hula before, this six-week workshop is for you. Learn hula from the very beginning and experience a culture that is full of beauty and exciting adventure.
Hula dancing is a beautiful and graceful form of dance combining foot movement along with meaningful hand gestures to tell a story or teach a lesson. Classes include dances in the ancient form of hula (hula kahiko) as well as the more contemporary form of hula (hula 'auana). Hawaiian history and culture are also discussed as they relate to each hula learned in class.
Phone: (512) 501-8704
Event url: https://balletaustin.org/dance-fitness/workshops/dance
501 W. Third St.
Austin, TX 78701
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Wednesday, Aug 23, 7:30 AM
- Thursday, Nov 16, 6:30 PM
- Saturday, Jul 15, 9:00 AM
- More Events at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education Center
- Videodance™ Britney’s 'I'm a Slave 4 U'! - a one-afternoon Videodance™ at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterSaturday, Jul 15, 12:30 PM
- Videodance™ Michael Jackson's YOU ROCK MY WORLD! - a one night Videodance™ at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterThursday, Jun 29, 8:15 PM
- FOR MEN ONLY | A Pilates group reformer class for men at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterFriday, Jul 21, 1:30 PM