Absolute Beginning Hawaiian Dance- Hula 1
If you've never taken hula before, this six-week workshop is for you. Learn hula from the very beginning and experience a culture that is full of beauty and exciting adventure.
Hula dancing is a beautiful and graceful form of dance combining foot movement along with meaningful hand gestures to tell a story or teach a lesson. Classes include dances in the ancient form of hula (hula kahiko) as well as the more contemporary form of hula (hula 'auana). Hawaiian history and culture are also discussed as they relate to each hula learned in class.
Phone: (512) 501-8704
Event url: https://balletaustin.org/dance-fitness/workshops/dance
501 W. Third St.
Austin, TX 78701
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Reiki Level 2 Class (with 7 CEUs for TX Massage Therapists) at Reiki and Energy Healing by PathFinderSunday, May 7, 9:30 AM
- Reiki Level 1 Class (with 7 CEUs for TX Massage Therapists) at Reiki and Energy Healing by PathFinderSaturday, May 6, 9:00 AM
- AWHONN TEXAS STATE CONFERENCE 2017 - Safety is at the Heart of Texas at Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel, Spa & Conference CenterThursday, May 4, 8:00 AM
- More Events at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education Center
- Stories & Music in Motion - Alice in Wonderland - Fun for Pre-schoolers & Parents at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterWednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM
- FREE Healthy Living Talk - 'IS SITTING A LETHAL ACTIVITY?' at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterWednesday, May 3, 12:00 PM
- Thursday, May 4, 10:30 AM