Author Talk With Forest Bathing Expert, Melanie Choukas-Bradley
Austin-area nature enthusiasts are invited to join the YMCA's Camp Moody for an author talk and presentation featuring Melanie Choukas-Bradley, an award-winning nature book author and Certified Nature and Forest Therapy Guide. Her new book, “The Joy of Forest Bathing: Reconnect With Wild Places & Rejuvenate Your Life,” explores Shinrin-yoku, the full sensory, meditative practice of connecting with nature and disconnecting from the distractions of daily life. Her presentation will include beautiful slides from her forest bathing trip to Japan and from Rock Creek Park in Washington, DC. In addition, she will walk through a forest bathing walk, give a short history of the practice and describe some very exciting initiatives that doctors are pursuing. Copies of “The Joy of Forest Bathing” will be available for purchase. All forms of payment are accepted.
3101 Oak Springs Drive
More Event Ideas
- More Nature Events
- Monday, Dec 10, 8:00 AM
- Friday, Jan 18, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, Dec 6, 8:00 AM
- More Events at Willie Mae Kirk Branch, Austin Public Library
- Top Tech Trends for 2019 (and Beyond) presented by the Austin Forum at Willie Mae Kirk Branch, Austin Public LibraryTuesday, Jan 8, 6:15 PM
- Body Language for Power and Influence: Lean In Circle STEAMinists Dec 2018 at Willie Mae Kirk Branch, Austin Public LibraryThursday, Dec 13, 5:30 PM
- Tuesday, Mar 5, 6:15 PM
- More Events on November 27, 2018
- Tuesday, Nov 27, 10:00 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 27, 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 27, 8:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.