Ballet Barre & More (Beginning)
A condensed version of our Beginning Ballet drop-in class, this class is one hour in length, focusing on barre work with a shorter time dancing center floor.
The class works on basic ballet vocabulary and steps and is recommended for those with a small amount of ballet knowledge and up to 2 years. It's also a great class for adults who danced as a child.
Ideal for a lunch hour workout or for those who like a shorter class.
Classes are set to live piano accompaniment.
To learn ballet from the absolute beginning, consider enrolling into the Absolute Beginner Ballet Workshop for adults, an enrollment-based workshop meeting one time per week.
Benefits of Ballet for Adults:
Ballet is not just for the athletic, the artistic, or the young. Homemakers, physicists, philanthropists, lawyers, secretaries, and more love and benefit from taking ballet.
Ballet offers both a break from daily life and a challenge with its own distinct mental and physical rewards.
In class you become a part of the grace and beauty you see onstage, and it becomes part of you.
Ballet provides a great total body workout, with lasting benefits of toning, lengthening, and stretching.
Ballet does wonders to your posture!
Ballet will make you smarter and prevent dementia because you use a lot of "brain power" to remember the steps, keep up with the music timing, and coordinate the different body parts.
No dress code in an adult class. Leotard and tights is great but you can also wear a t-shirt/wrap sweater and sweatpants/a skirt in which you can move freely.
Cost: Your first class is free!
501 West 3rd Street
Austin, TX 78701
Other Dates & Times
- Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Monday, May 20, 9:00 AM
- Monday, Nov 19, 9:00 AM
- Friday, Apr 5, 12:00 PM
- More Events at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education Center
- Videodance™ Britney Spears “Me Against The Music” ft. Madonna - PART 1 at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterThursday, Oct 25, 8:30 PM
- "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey-- A Holiday Dance Workshop at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterWednesday, Dec 5, 8:00 PM
- Videodance™ Britney Spears “Me Against The Music” ft. Madonna - PART 2 at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterThursday, Nov 15, 8:30 PM
- More Events on November 13, 2018
- Tuesday, Nov 13, 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 13, 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 13, 8:30 AM