Better Balance & Movement Workshop
Beginning a balance program before getting to the point of a fall is essential in maintaining and promoting good balance and quality of life.
Balance activities, balance exercises, and ongoing balance training can limit the loss or actually improve our performance.
This workshop will focus on promoting and maintaining balance, coordination, and posture through a series of simple brain and muscle exercises. The goal of ongoing balance training is to teach your brain how to quickly activate the right muscles in your body at the right time to help keep you upright.
This workshop is excellent for people of all ages, but especially beneficial to the older adult or those dealing with the affects of neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and stroke. It can also be helpful for individuals recovering from injury, experiencing declining vision, hearing and muscle strength.
Like anything else in life good balance is about practice. We tend to get good at sitting due to practice, so get out of the chair and let's balance our lives for healthier aging!
Phone: (512) 476-9151
Event url: https://balletaustin.org/dance-fitness/workshops/active-life
501 W. Third St.
Austin, TX 78701
More Event Ideas
- More Dance Events
- Videodance The Pussycat Dolls "When I Grow Up"- A Fun Dance Workshop! at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterThursday, Jul 26, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Aug 16, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Jun 28, 10:00 AM
- More Events at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education Center
- Saturday, Jun 30, 1:00 PM
- MovieDance™ The Greatest Showman Summer Choreography Workshop at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterSaturday, Jul 21, 1:00 PM
- Monday, Jul 30, 6:00 PM