Hope Heals: An Evening with Kevin Hines
When Kevin Hines was 19 years old, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Two years after his diagnosis, in a desperate suicide attempt, Kevin jumped off of the Golden Gate Bridge. He is one of only thirty-four people to survive the fall and the only one to regain full physical mobility.
As one of the most respected and admired voices of lived experience, Kevin is a remarkable testament to the strength of the human spirit. He is the author of Cracked, But Not Broken and travels internationally as an award-winning speaker, brain health advocate and documentary filmmaker.
Hope Heals is NAMI Austin’s feature event for Mental Health Month and is designed to inspire the community to Change the Conversation around mental health and suicide prevention. Held at the beautifully-renovated AFS Cinema, the evening will feature a talk with Kevin and end with a dessert reception and opportunity to purchase Kevin’s book and have it signed.
Phone: (521) 420-9810
Event url: https://www.namiaustin.org/events/mentalhealthmonth/hopeheals/
6259 Middle Fiskville Rd
Austin, TX 78752
More Event Ideas
- More Community Events
- Wednesday, Sep 12, 5:30 PM
- Saturday, May 26, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, Jun 13, 7:30 AM
- More Events on May 24, 2018
- Thursday, May 24, 4:00 PM
- Happy Hour 4-6:30 pm: $4 Wells & Wines, $4.5 Draft Beers, $7 Signature Cocktails at Be More Pacific Filipino Kitchen + BarThursday, May 24, 4:00 PM
- Thursday, May 24, 12:00 PM