Mexico Modern: Art, Commerce, & Cultural Exchange, 1920-1945
Chronicling two decades of cultural exchange between Mexico and the United States, this exhibition showcases examples of modern Mexican art and design. The more than 200 items are drawn primarily from the collections of the Harry Ransom Center. The exhibition highlights the important history of 20th-century art and how artists, museum curators, gallery owners, journalists and publishers in both countries instigated a cultural phenomenon by creating and promoting art that pioneered a synthesis of indigenous traditions and international aesthetics.
2350 Robert Dedman Dr.
Austin, TX 78712
Other Dates & Times
- Monday, October 9, 2017, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, September 29, 2017, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, October 5, 2017, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ? Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Gallery Opening and Reception Collection Focus: Michael Ray Charles at The IDEA Lab, Gordon-White Building (GWB) 2.204Thursday, Sep 28, 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, Sep 27, 10:00 AM
- Thursday, Oct 5, 9:00 AM
- More Events on October 19, 2017
- Thursday, Oct 19, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Oct 19, 9:30 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.