PINK PILATES POST-OPERATIVE WORKSHOP
Ballet Austin's Pink Pilates is a post-operative exercise and rehabilitative program for women recovering from breast cancer.
More than just exercise, we offer care, confidence-building, encouragement, support, and a warm and friendly environment. The weekly class is held in our beautiful center for dance and community wellness, a non-medical, happy, mainstream environment that allows for encouragement and rehabilitation. We offer PINK PILATES at NO COST to women recovering from breast cancer.
The Pink Pilates Program will help stretch and strengthen the shoulder, chest, back, and abdominal muscles, allowing women to regain full range of motion to those areas affected by breast cancer surgery.
This program is suitable for women recovering from a recent surgery or from several years ago. It is recommended that women wait 4-6 weeks post op before enrolling in the course.
Each class will offer strengthening, self-esteem and quality of life to breast cancer survivors. The program works in conjunction with your doctor's recommendations for an exercise program.
We look forward to being a part of your full recovery.
While there is no cost to breast cancer survivors, REGISTRATION is required ahead of time to participate.
Workshops are held at Ballet Austin's Butler Dance Education Center in downtown Austin.
Thursdays, January 10-March 14: 1:00–1:40pm - Still open for enrollment after the start date if space is available. call for assistance
Cost: Cost: FREE (10 weeks valued at $600). These workshops are currently underwritten in part by Ballet Austin, NXP Semiconductors, Texas Oncology, and the generous support of donors in our community, and are offered at NO COST. Ballet Austin is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
501 West 3rd Street
Austin, TX 78701
Other Dates & Times
- Thursday, March 14, 2019, 1:00 PM - 1:40 PM
- Thursday, January 31, 2019, 1:00 PM - 1:40 PM
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 1:00 PM - 1:40 PM
- Thursday, February 21, 2019, 1:00 PM - 1:40 PM
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Pachanga presents - Los Lonely Boys + Los Lobos - with Lisa Morales at Austin City Limits Live @ Moody TheaterFriday, Jan 25, 8:00 PM
- Sunday, Apr 28, 12:00 PM
- Monday, Mar 11, 11:30 PM
- More Events at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education Center
- Wednesday, Jan 30, 11:15 AM
- Wednesday, Feb 20, 6:30 PM
- More Events on January 24, 2019
- Thursday, Jan 24, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Jan 24, 8:30 AM
- Thursday, Jan 24, 6:30 PM