Entering into its 11th year, Schmeckenfest is a true community event, which attracts visitors to the Square to sample over 25 different types of wassail (hot cider) made by various business owners and community leaders. The wassail competition brings the allure of the coveted honor of being named Schmeckenmeister. An honor which lasts until the next Schmeckenfest festival.
This small town Christmas festival also includes music, delicious treats sold by local nonprofit organizations; and let’s not forget a visit from Santa.
The festivities begin with a Christmas parade and lighting of the County Christmas tree on the Courthouse lawn. There are also a number of children’s activities including a bounce house, Schmecken-ball pit, and of course Christmas cookie decorating.
246 West Colorado Street
La Grange, TX 78945
More Event Ideas
- More Fairs and Festivals Events
- Thursday, Oct 4, 4:30 PM
- Thursday, Sep 27, 2:30 PM
- Friday, Sep 28, 7:00 PM
- More Events at Fayette County Courthouse Square
- Saturday, Oct 6, 3:00 PM
- More Events on December 6, 2018
- Thursday, Dec 6, 8:00 PM
- The Smart Guide To: Buying Real Estate - December 6th '18 at Keller Williams Southwest Market CenterThursday, Dec 6, 5:30 PM
- Thursday, Dec 6, 4:30 PM