Taming the Wild Elephant Mind 1/2 Day Meditation Course
1/2 Day Meditation Course with Buddhist Nun, Gen Norden$30 or $25 with pre-registration Talks, guided meditation and discussion with Buddhist nun, Gen Norden. Do you ever feel that your mind is like a wild elephant? Do you find that your thoughts bounce back and forth between distracting ideas and feelings without much direction or control? Without developing mindfulness there will be nothing to keep our wild elephant mind from running back and forth in its uncontrolled manner between attachment, anger, jealousy and so forth. However, if we take the rope of mindfulness and tie our elephant mind securely to the post of virtue, all of our fears will swiftly come to an end. On this course Gen Norden will explain some of the essential meditation techniques taught by Buddha to experience the mental freedom and joy that we all long for. Everyone is welcome.
106 East 8th Street
Austin, TX 78701
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Videodance™ Britney Spears “Me Against The Music” ft. Madonna - PART 2 at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterThursday, Nov 15, 8:30 PM
- Monday, Dec 10, 8:00 AM
- Monday, Jun 17, 10:00 AM
- More Events at Kadampa Meditation Center Austin
- Sunday, Dec 2, 2:00 PM
- More Events on November 17, 2018
- Saturday, Nov 17, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 17, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 17, 11:45 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.