Better Balance & Movement Workshop
Beginning a balance program before getting to the point of a fall is essential in maintaining and promoting good balance and quality of life. Balance activities, balance exercises, and ongoing balance training can limit the loss or actually improve our performance. This workshop will focus on promoting and maintaining balance, coordination, and posture through a series of simple and repetitive brain and muscle exercises. The goal of ongoing balance training is to teach your brain how to quickly activate the right muscles in your body at the right time to help keep you upright.
Excellent for people of all ages, but especially beneficial to the older adult or those dealing with the affects of neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and stroke. It can also be helpful for individuals recovering from injury, experiencing declining vision, hearing and muscle strength.
Like anything else in life good balance is about practice. We tend to get good at sitting due to practice, so get out of the chair and let's balance our lives for healthier aging!
Everyone welcome! Family members and caregivers are welcome to attend as well.
Phone: (512) 476-9151
Event url: balletaustin.org
501 West 3rd Street
Austin, TX 78701
Other Dates & Times
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Friday, Apr 26, 8:00 AM
- Monday, Jun 17, 10:00 AM
- Monday, May 20, 9:00 AM
- More Events at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education Center
- Contemporary Ballet Variations Workshop - Learn Ballet Austin Choreography! at Ballet Austin Butler Dance Education CenterSunday, Feb 24, 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, Mar 19, 8:00 PM
- Monday, Apr 1, 12:30 PM