Fix-It at Home! Sewing: Basics by Hand
Austin Resource Recovery presents Fix-It at Home!, a FREE interactive, online workshop series aimed at teaching Austinites repair and maintenance skills from home. Classes range from learning sewing basics and ‘patching’ up clothes, to fixing recreational equipment and household appliances.
If you've never tried your hand at sewing, this workshop is for you. Our instructor will demonstrate 3 various basic hand stitches, each followed by practice time for the participants. These techniques will equip you with skills for your own mending endeavors, so you can repair that tear in your favorite shirt or replace a missing button. No machine required! Even if you only have a mending kit from a hotel, we invite you to learn and practice!
Click here to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/austin-resource-recovery-8326380507
Class size is limited. If you are unable to attend, please remove your registration. Class participants that live in the Austin-area will be given priority.
More Event Ideas
- More Education Events
- Thursday, Oct 15, 11:00 AM
- Bas van de Poel, “If You are the Smartest Person in the Room, You’re in the Wrong Room” | The University of Texas at at Virtual Event [Online Only]Wednesday, Oct 28, 1:00 PM
- Michael Bricker, “Design for Narrative: The Architecture of Cinematic Spaces” | The University of Texas at Austin at Virtual Event [Online Only]Monday, Nov 9, 1:00 PM
- More Events at ONLINE
- Saturday, Oct 3, 10:30 AM
- Wednesday, Oct 21, 1:30 PM
- Thursday, Oct 15, 12:00 PM