LONG CENTER PRESENTS MARCIA BALL
“Rollicking, playful, good-time blues and intimate, reflective balladry… her songs ring with emotional depth.” —Rolling Stone Magazine
Texas-born, Louisiana-raised pianist, songwriter and vocalist Marcia Ball has had a long and storied career. As the 2018 Texas State Musician Of The Year, she’s won worldwide fame and countless fans for her ability to ignite a full-scale roadhouse rhythm and blues party every time she takes the stage. Her rollicking Texas boogies, swampy New Orleans ballads and groove-laden Gulf Coast blues have made her a one-of-a-kind favorite with music lovers all over the world.
Her love of the road has led to years of soul-satisfying performances at festivals, concert halls and clubs. “Marcia Ball plays two-fisted New Orleans barrelhouse piano,” says The New York Times,” and sings in a husky, knowing voice about all the trouble men and women can get into on the way to a good time.”
701 W. Riverside Dr.
Austin, TX 78704
More Event Ideas
- More Music Events
- Sunday, Mar 24, 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, Mar 27, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, Mar 21, 8:30 PM
- More Events on May 8, 2019
- RECRUITCON 2019 | The Nation’s Most Popular Talent Acquisition Event for Employers at Hyatt Regency Austin on Town LakeWednesday, May 8, 8:30 AM
- RECRUITCON 2019 | The Nations Most Popular Talent Acquisition Event for Employers (BLR) at Hyatt Regency Austin on Town LakeWednesday, May 8, 8:00 AM
- John Inmon- Bobby Kallus- David Webb- Glenn Schuetz- Rick Nation- John Inmon hosts weekly 'Waterloo Wednesday' at El MercadoWednesday, May 8, 6:30 PM