Virtual Workshop: Tamales
Food history and tips on making your own tasty tamales.
Every year around the holidays in Texas, making tamales is a cherished custom. Discover the story behind this favorite holiday tradition with historian Dr. Monica Perales and follow along with a recipe to make your own batch at home this season.
Your Support Matters
Tickets for this event are free for Bullock Museum members and $5 for general public. Your ticket purchase directly supports the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and educational programming.
Cost: $5 General Public Free for Members
1800 N. Congress Ave.
Austin, TX 78701
More Event Ideas
- More Food and Drink Events
- Austin-based nonprofit HOME presents "HOME COOKIN' FOR THE HOLIDAYS" virtual benefit, Nov. 27 at ONLINEFriday, Nov 27, 7:00 PM
- Sunday, Apr 3, 1:00 PM
- Sunday, Jan 24, 10:00 AM
- More Events at Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Thursday, Dec 3, 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, Dec 1, 10:00 AM
- TEXAS HISTORY TUESDAYS: Myths and Unsolved Mysteries of the Texas Revolution at Bullock Texas State History MuseumTuesday, Dec 15, 10:00 AM
- More Events on December 3, 2020
- Thursday, Dec 3, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Dec 3, 10:00 PM
- Thursday, Dec 3, 6:00 PM